Iowa Wild (21-13-7-3; 52 pts.) at Bakersfield Condors (17-17-7-1; 42 pts.)
Iowa Wild embarks on a three-game California trip, which begins with Friday night’s showdown against Bakersfield Condors. Bakersfield defeated Iowa 4-3 in overtime on Jan. 19 in the first meeting in history between the two clubs. Iowa sits in second place in the Central Division, while Bakersfield is eighth in the Pacific Division.
The Wild notched its third consecutive victory with a 3-1 win against Cleveland Monsters on Jan. 27. Defensemen Ryan Murphy and Nick Seeler and forward Kyle Rau all scored in the game and each registered a multi-point night. Goaltender Niklas Svedberg stopped 30 of 31 shots for his fourth consecutive victory.
· Goaltender Niklas Svedberg’s four straight victories ties Iowa’s franchise record for consecutive wins by a goaltender.
· Iowa averages 3.33 goals per road game, tied for fourth best in the AHL.
· Forward Cal O’Reilly has 13 points (3g, 10a) in his last eight games.
· Iowa has seven skaters with 20 or more points (O’Reilly, Sam Anas, Justin Kloos, Pat Cannone, Rau, Landon Ferraro, Alex Grant).
· Bakersfield fell to San Diego 4-2 on Jan. 27 in the team’s final game before the All-Star Break.
· The Condors have killed 41 of the team’s last 43 penalties, a 95 percent success rate.
· Bakersfield Condors acquired goaltender Nic Riopel and forward Ty Loney from Syracuse Crunch for future considerations on Jan. 31.
· In a separate transaction on Jan. 31, Edmonton Oilers traded goaltender Eddie Pasquale to Tampa Bay Lightning for future considerations.
Opponent Date Time Broadcast
at Ontario 2/3 8:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
at San Diego 2/6 9:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
vs. Chicago 2/9 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
vs. Rockford 2/10 6:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
vs. Texas 2/12 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
The Iowa Wild 2017-18 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.