Iowa Wild (22-14-7-3; 54 pts.) at San Diego Gulls (23-17-1-0; 47 pts.)
Iowa Wild closes out its three-game California trip with a game against San Diego Gulls at Valley View Casino Center Tuesday night. The Wild heads into the game sitting in third place in the Central Division, while the Gulls sit in third place in the Pacific Division. Iowa is 0-2-1-0 all-time against San Diego.
The Wild fell to Ontario Reign 5-1 Saturday night at Citizens Business Bank Arena. Wild forward Luke Kunin scored Iowa’s only goal of the game, while forward Cal O’Reilly recorded his 30th assist of the season. Wild goaltender Steve Michalek got his first start since Jan. 19, stopping 35 shots in the loss.
· Forward Cal O’Reilly’s 30 assists rank sixth in the AHL.
· Forward Justin Kloos has 21 assists on the season, which is tied for the most helpers in a single campaign by a rookie in team history.
· Kloos has five points (2g, 3a) during the team’s current five-game road trip.
· Iowa is 4-3-5-0 this season against Pacific Division teams.
· San Diego defeated Tucson 4-1 Saturday night at home.
· Forward Kalle Kossila paces the Gulls with 32 points (11g, 21a) in 29 games this season.
· Forward Corey Tropp became the Gulls’ all-time leading scorer with his 90th point Saturday night. His 37 goals are tied for most career goals in franchise history.
· San Diego’s 47 power-play goals are tied for the most in the AHL.
Opponent Date Time Broadcast
vs. Chicago 2/9 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
vs. Rockford 2/10 6:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
vs. San Antonio 2/12 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
vs. Texas 2/18 3:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
vs. Texas 2/19 7:00 PM CT KXNO / iHeartRadio
The Iowa Wild 2017-18 season is presented by Mercy Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.